Actually, I've decided I'm okay with getting old and wrinkly, as long as I still feel young inside.
Alrighty, here is my list:
- On my birthday, we found our Lucy mango was a GIRL! We were both SOOO surprised. It was the best birthday surprise ever.
- Oil painting class! I'm one step closer to my dream of painting all the art in our home, yay!
- Crazy craft nights with the Fraziers. We created some rockin' concrete light bulb wall hooks, coasters, light switch covers, and oven mitt dragons!
- After 5 interviews and 3 acceptance letters, we decided on Penn State. Hooray for no more med school application nonsense!
- Reupholstered something (a rocker glider for Lucy's room) for my first time ever. Thanks to my dearest Traci, it turned out pretty darn cute.
- Fish Lake with the Banbury Fam in Feb. Broomstick hockey out on the frozen-over lake rocked my world, as much as it could for being great with child. I was the goalie which was the safest position. I also ice fished for my first time.
- Huzbee and I went on an adventure with the Fraziers to Moab & Goblin Valley. We camped and hiked around and saw the beautiful sites. Oh and did I mention I was 7 months prego? My favorite thing was the delicate arch. Pictures just can't capture the majesty of it. It's one thing I think everyone needs to see in person.
- Goodbye to Icon! It was a bittersweet experience. I may or may not have cried when I started driving home...I blamed it on the pregnancy hormones. But seriously, I left some of the best coworkers ever. And I do miss communicating with the Chinese vendors. They were a treat.
- Birthed my LUCY! This was definitely the highlight of my year. I'm not gonna lie, childbirth was hard work but truly an amazing experience. The end result makes it totally worth it.
- Found out how little sleep I can still function on. :)
- Took our 5 week old camping and she slept through the night for her very first time!
- Attended the Brenchley Fam reunion at a ginormo cabin in Heber.
- Moved to Hershey, PA! It's been quite an adventure so far.
- Found out that being a mom and a med student's wife can be hard at times.
- Taught my first Relief Society lesson! It was nerve-racking but I'm glad I was asked to do it.
- Survived Trey's anatomy class! It was a little rough on all of us.
- Picked and ate crab for my first time ever. It was delicious!!!
- Made Lucy's Halloween costume and discovered I kind of like sewing. I think I might look for a sewing machine this summer when I go garage sale-ing.
- Drove to Dayton, Ohio for Thanksgiving where I met Trey's Gma for the first time and a bunch of his relatives. We discovered that roadtripping with a 6 month old is no bueno!
- Had a relaxing Christmas holiday in Hersh with my little lady & huzbee.
This year brought about all kinds of change in my life. It's been hard but so good for me. I feel pretty much adjusted to the whole being a mom thing (although sometimes it still weirds me out that I'm a mom). I'm still working on being adjusted to living so far away from family & being the wife of a med student. It's harder then I thought it would be. Thank heavens I have my Trey & Lucy here with me. They are my rays of sunshine on those days when I feel all cloudy inside.
Bring it on numbero 26! Let's see what you have to offer...
4 comments:
Hollah to the rocker!!
You have been a bloggin' fool! Love all the posts. Lucy and Zach have GOT to get together, they are doing the same stuff- it is so fun. Happy Birthday sista- I love your lists. Phil and I were talking last night about how crazy it is that we have kids too.
you fool, i freaking miss you!
That's a lot of change in one year. I like to make a list every year of the big events and happenings. Its fun to look back on over the years, and as your family grows the list gets longer, of course, and we can see how very blessed we are.
Post a Comment