My baby girl is no longer a baby anymore, she is now 1 and officially a toddler!! And I'm surprisingly okay with it. I think it's so fun watching her grow and learn new things and discover more about the world around her. I love that she can walk and get around quickly now. We call her my little shadow because wherever I go she follows. It's kind of cute but sometimes it gets a little annoying. :)
Here are some pictures from her birthday party we had on Saturday...
This is Trey's classmate Emily who is Lucy's friend. She babysits Luce for us every now and then. Luce was in love with all the balloons. This was right before everyone started showing up and the craziness began. We packed about 20 people in our little apartment.
The Pocoyo cake that I stayed up until 2am decorating the night before...ugh.
The Banbeezees being cheesy (just try and say that 5 times fast!)
We all sang to Luce and then tried to get her to blow out the candle...she was fascinated by the fire and wanted to touch it so Trey hurried and blew it out for her before she got to it. Next year she'll probably get the blowing concept a little more.
We set down the cake and let her have at it and this is what she did...
Got him right in the eye!
...and that was about it. I was surprised because she loves to get super messy with her food. It could have been the fact that the cake looked like Pocoyo and she didn't want to eat him. I don't blame her. Pocoyo is her favorite, hence why we had a Pocoyo party for her.
After Luce had her moment, we served cake to the kids and cheesecake cake to the adults. We then watched an episode of Pocoyo because no one has heard of it.
After Luce had her moment, we served cake to the kids and cheesecake cake to the adults. We then watched an episode of Pocoyo because no one has heard of it.
Here are some of the party peeps. Luce was hanging out with Fred, another one of Trey's classmates.
The kiddies just loved the singing duck. Lucy's blocking it with her head. It's a duck that sings "Splish Splash" and dances. It was a hit.Here's Luce opening a present. She loved this thing! We tried to hide it so she would open up the rest of her presents but she cried and went and found it. Little stinker!
Chase wanted to play with it but Lucy boxed him out.
This was all the damage that was done. Pocoyo was still very much in tact.
This was after it was all over. I wanted to get a pic of the decor before I tore it down. We handed out Silly Bandz to all the kids and adults as party favors. Yep, Lucy's cool like that.
Hopefully the little monkey enjoyed herself. We had a good time hanging out with all our friends and the little kiddos.
That evening we saw some people in our ward out by the playground so we went and chatted with them for awhile and let Lucy run wild (her favorite thing to do, especially outside). She discovered how much fun sand was and started dumping it all over her and having herself a time. We let her live it up since it was still her birthday. She got sand EVERYWHERE. It was pretty funny. Here she is getting a good bath after all her sandy fun.
Thanks so much to everyone who came to Lucy's party and thanks for the gifts too. Lucy is loving all the new things to play with & cute clothes to wear.
P.S. Forward facing car seats are the bees-nees! We are all big fans.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday little Lucy!!! I'm aunt Mandy who you don't know, but you will love me when you come visit in a few weeks :) I can't wait to play!!!
Looks like a fun birthday party. Cute cake, cute decorations, and very cute one-year old.
I can't believe you have a one year old! So crazy! Yeah, maybe I haven't been a mom long enough yet because I don't know what pocoyo is either. Looks cute though!
Happy Birthday!
Brookelle just turned 2 and I'm still calling her my "baby!" "Toddler" seems WAY too big of a word for me to accept now! :)
Such a fun party Meesh! I'm so surprised she didn't destroy the cake! You must've done too nice of a job, I need to look this Pocoyo up.
Post a Comment