Now that we are in a 3-bedroom apartment Lucy finally has a room! At our old place she shared her room with my crafting supplies, Trey's tools, and our camping gear. I felt bad that she could never play in her room because there was so much stuff everywhere that was not Lucy-friendly. So now that she has her own room I've been having a hay-day making things to decorate her white walls.
Here are a few things I've been up to:
Cutting blocks with the huzbee's saw (a little scary), then painting and mod-podging away to make these...
Cutting blocks with the huzbee's saw (a little scary), then painting and mod-podging away to make these...
Then, I braved another scary tool, the staple gun. I am no longer intimidated by it, although every time a staple comes out it still makes me jump. I added some cute white polka-dotted ribbon and some little flowers and voila!
I tried to match the colors with her bedding. I still can't decide if I like the color of green I painted the peg board. But I have no intentions of repainting it any time soon so green it will stay.
The Pocoyo and friends painting is finally finished! I had intentions of giving this to her for her birthday, that's how long I've been working on it. :)
Looking at it I think I might add shadows underneath them, they kind of look like they're floating right now.
I felted some little owlies for Lulu
Lucy's room is almost how I want it. The only project I have left is to stain a few frames...oh and I just thought of another one but that will probably be an ongoing project. I have a cute pink pot on her bookshelf and planned to find some fake flowers to put in it (I have a bad track record with real plants--Trey can back me up on this) but then I thought how fun would it be to make cute little flowers out of felt and glue stems and felt leaves on them. I'm really excited about this. So if you find any cute felt flower tutorials on blogs, feel free to send them my way. I am so into felt lately, I love it!
Ahh craft therapy...it's so good for the soul. I highly recommend it to anyone who is in a slump. Making something pretty out of a bunch of random stuff is so rewarding. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside.
As for the room, I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress. :) Ta-ta for now my lovelies!
Ahh craft therapy...it's so good for the soul. I highly recommend it to anyone who is in a slump. Making something pretty out of a bunch of random stuff is so rewarding. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside.
As for the room, I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress. :) Ta-ta for now my lovelies!
7 comments:
So cute! I have been in craft mode for the baby's room too. I might have to steal some of your ideas. I read this blog today on felt flowers for hair clips but i am sure you could use it for what you want to do... it is: http://naptimecrafting.blogspot.com/2010/10/felt-flower-hair-clips.html
Michelle, I love how crafty you are because I am so-o not that way. The Lucy letters are really cute.
cute michelle! everything looks great so far!
YOU MADE ALL OF THOSE??? what the what woman! so awesome--good work! I'll be taking classes from you.
I love those owls so much! Would it be weird if I decorated my house in owls?
Very nice! Are you up for hire? :)
I love it all! It's super cute! My fav probably has to be the owls!
Post a Comment