It's really thin and a whole lot smaller than our old Canon. Lucy definitely won't be allowed to get her paws on this one.
I made a fun little case for it since we are too cheap to buy one. :) I like how it turned out. I didn't really use a pattern, I just kinda winged it with some left over fabric from our pillows.
Now that we have a camera I finally took pictures of the fun little things I've made for the little bean.
BEANIES
I took a knit shirt I was going to send to Goodwill and made it into 2 knit hats. I'm hoping she has a small head because they are bitty, especially the one on the right. Good thing they're super stretchy. I used this tutorial. I'm planning on bringing the smallest one to the hospital to go with her take-me-home attire. It's super thin so she won't be sweating in it.
BOWS & FLOWERS
I made these with fabric. I think I'll make them into clips. If I'm feeling daring within the next few weeks I might make a simple peasant dress with the purple polka dot material to match the bow.I got a little carried away but these are so fun to make! Most of them I just used eco-fi felt (you can get it for 29 cents a sheet at Joanns) and some ribbon for the bows on the bottom right. I used this tutorial for the felt flowers and bows. The line of bows on the left and the 3 stacked flowers are itty bitty, I'll probably just stick them on her head with Karo syrup (it totally works!). The ribbon bows will go on thin headbands and I'll make the bigger flowers into clips.
CAR SEAT COVER & CHANGING PAD
I found this fabric online and fell in love with it! I used this tutorial and made a car seat cover. We just used a blanket for Lucy so it will be nice to have something that's secure on there. It turned out a little big, I think our car seat isn't as beefy as most so if you're going to make one just keep that in mind (we have a Graco). I had a little bit of fabric left so I used that to make her a changing pad.
STUFFED ANIMAL FRIENDS
And of course she needs a sock monkey. I'm pretty sure big sister won't be down with sharing any of her stuffed animals that she sleeps with so I wanted to make the little lady a little friend that was just her own. I used this tutorial for sock monkey.
And then I went ahead and made one more little friend for her that matched the receiving blanket I made for her awhile ago. I love the fabric so much, it kind of reminds me of a Liberty of London print. I don't have a pattern with this one, I just kinda made it up as I went.
I still have a few more projects up my sleeve that I hope to finish before the lady makes her debut, such as:
- a tiny peasant dress - I intend to get over my fear of making clothes. I don't know why this intimidates me so much. Probably because of my craft OCD.
- pacifier clips
- funkifying some onesies - I have a few of plain white onesies that I want to have some fun with. Tie dye anyone? :)
I'm currently 33 weeks along! Holy crap! I still feel like there is so much to do! We did have some major spring cleaning and organizing going on last week so I do feel better about that. We made some room for her in our room by moving Trey's gigantor desk to the front room. It's amazing how much more space we have now.
It's getting a little harder to do everything these days as the belly keeps growing. I can't see my feet at all when I look down, ha ha. I can still wear my wedding ring, which is nice. I'm not quite as swollen as I was with Lucy. This girl is sitting high and straight out. And boy is she active! She's currently practicing her synchronized swimming routine as I am typing this.
Here is my view from above these days...
I had to lean over a bit to find my feet...
The usual response I get from people who ask me how far along I am is, "Oh wow!" Yep, still have 7 weeks left to grow peeps. I'm still feeling pretty darn good though. Because she sits so high, most nights I can sleep the whole night without getting up to go pee. It's pretty sweet. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
Alright, well time to head to bed friends. I'll post some Easter pictures soon. Over and out!

9 comments:
It sure is nice to have a camera. I feel like my blog posts always need a picture no matter what. Such cute stuff you've made! I really like the sock monkey.
meesh, look at you GO! holy cow, can you teach me how to sew? im struggling, to say the least. all your projects look so fun! that little girl is going to be such a doll. (and you look GREAT!)
You've been busy makin' some seriously cute stuff! You look fabulous - by the way!
Wow Michelle. You are amazing! I love all the crafts!! LOVE THEM.
We have had the same camera for the past 2 years and absolutely love it. It takes great pictures!! Enjoy!
Glad you got your camera. You really have been busy! Love all your projects. Love that I have such a creative daughter.
Michelle, I love all of your fun projects. They are so cute for a little girl! In fact, I might have to try my hand at the little flowers and bows!
You are amazing Michelle! The little crafties are so fun. Wish we lived closer and we could do some together. I love your cute basketball tummy too!
You are so freakin' crafty!! and I LOVE the chevron fabric! :)
I can't believe haven't ready your blog before. How did I miss this gem. I just saved all the same tutorials. I am about a week away and I realized I have not nested enough. Such cute stuff I love it all. Congrats on Ruby, I am so happy for you that everything went so well and you are feel so great.
Post a Comment