Alright, let's talk about the week. It was awesome! I started off on a just-after-conference high and then we got to have a special sacrament meeting in the Kirtland Temple which was amazing! See my previous post for more details.
Have I mentioned how cool our neighbors are? Well, in case I haven't, my neighbors are the coolest! Our neighbors across the street, the Northups, gave us their old swing set because they inherited a new one. The girls play on it every day. Ruby would swing in the "airplane swing" all day if I let her. Then the other day our other neighbor Paul dropped off some razor scooters that his boys don't use anymore. Everyone keeps giving us stuff! It's so great! The girls are loving it and so are we for that matter. :)
Tuesday the weather was gorgeous so after dinner Trey got out our outdoor fireholder thing we got for super cheap (thank you Giant Eagle) and built a fire! Me and Rubes went to Target and got some s'more fixins and we s'more'd it up. It felt like summer and it made me so so happy. I'm such a warm weather gal. The winters always get a little depressing for me, especially towards the end. This weather is a dream.
Wednesday we had our other neighbors and bestest friends the Hodges over for pizza. We hadn't seen or talked to them in a while so we had a good time catching up. They just got back from a trip to Mexico (for Carolyn's brother's wedding).
Thursday I took the girls over to Anne Evan's house to see her baby chicks. They were so cute! Lucy held one and Ruby pet one. These girls are ga-ga for any little creatures.
At night, Trey and I sent the kiddos to the Hodges while we went to Kindergarten Information Night for Lucy's new school. Ahhhh!! It was actually really good to go and get a feel for the schools and their leadership and teachers. It made us both feel a whole lot better about sending our precious baby girl to a public school here. I think she'll do just fine, but it still doesn't make it any easier. Hopefully by August I'll feel more okay with sending her to school everyday. Kindergarten is full-day here. Yep, I wish it wasn't but what can ya do?
That little Lucy is so smart. I've been supplementing her preschool with "mommy school" twice a week for 1-2 hours. We basically just go over letters, numbers, spelling, basic addition and subtraction, phonics, and reading. It is so fun for me to see her grow and pick up on things so quickly. Like last week I taught her how to tell time (digitally) and now I ask her all the time to tell me what time it is and she does it correctly. We've been working on how to say all the numbers from 1 to 100 and a few weeks ago we started working on counting to 100. She needed some help the first few times but then tonight she did it all by herself! It was so cute to see how proud she was of herself. Go Luce!
Later that night I went to Cicely Cain's for a much needed GNO. We laughed so hard! As I get older it becomes more and more apparent to me that I really need other women in my life. We keep each other sane. Those ladies are gems, we had such a good time talking about the most random things. But it makes me so sad half of them are leaving in June. :(
Friday we played outside. A lot. The girls swung, rode bikes and scooters, and sidewalk chalked while I worked in the yard. That little Rubester is getting better and faster at the Strider Bike. She is starting to sit on the seat rather than just walking with it in between her legs. She's really good at balancing the bike already. I'm excited to see her really learn to ride that thing. I think having a big sister who loves to zoom around on her big girl bike is a big motivation for her.
I'm getting excited about redoing our landscaping in the front yard. We just need a boat load of dirt and some shrubbery and we'll be all set. :)
Saturday morning me and the ladies went to an Easter egg hunt at a local park. They both made out like little bandits.
They split up areas according to age groups so it was fair. Lucy was on her own while I helped Ruby out in the 1-2-year-old area.
Ruby was quite serious during the whole thing. I think she had fun though.
She started getting the hang of putting the eggs in her bucket.
Success!!
It was a perfect day so when we got home we went out on our deck and had a little picnic. The sun felt so good on my skin. Oh how I've missed it. In the afternoon we wandered around Home Depot and bought some stuff we needed for the lawn and house.Today was a lovely Sunday. Trey made us some delicious Swedish pancakes this morning. Church was great as always. :) My calling always wears me out but I love it. I love those little people. After dinner today we decided to go explore a Metropark because the weather was perfect. We checked out Quarry Rock, which is in the South Chagrin Reservation. Here are some pics I snapped...
Playing in the water
Ragamuffin #1
Ragamuffin #2
Rubes loved throwing rocks in the water
We walked across the river to the other side with all the cool rock that looks like little steps.
The girls had so much fun "exploring". We actually walked across the river with them to this cool area of rock. Trey even caught a little sucker fish that was latched on to one of the rocks. Lucy held it and Ruby admired it. The ladies loved walking in the river and it was surprisingly warm. Ruby threw a massive fit when we had to leave. Lucy was definitely in her element. She loves this kind of stuff. She must be Trey's and my daughter. :)
We are getting all excited for our trip to Hershey and Baltimore this weekend, yippee!! And I bought our airplane tickets to Utah!! I heart a good vacation. It will be so fun to see old friends and our old ward this week. I can't wait!


1 comment:
What some fun and exciting experiences you guys are having! Ruby and Lucy are growing and changing so quickly. Can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment