Sunday, November 23, 2014

And just like that...

...it's almost Thanksgiving!! Wow! I have been neglecting our poor little blog. I blame IG. It makes posting pics so easy and quick, I forget about blogs completely! Every Sunday I like to check friend's blogs who still update them, but I rarely comment anymore. It looks like most people don't anymore either. This is actually more for me to have as a journal of family happenings so it doesn't really bother me. Although I do appreciate all your comments mom! Keep 'em coming! ;) And anyone else who wants to too. ;)

I'm trying to decide if I want to try and play catch up or not even bother, ha ha! I guess I should finish my Utah post real quick.

We came back up to C-ville to stay with my parents for a few days until we headed back to the Cleve. We celebrated my dad's birthday and went to Sizzler! I totally miss that place, it makes me nostalgic! We went there a lot when I was a kid.



We hit up Cherry Hill with the cousins, it was so soo fun! My girls didn't want to leave. We hit up City Creek and met up with Grandma Robin for lunch, and to tell her I was pregnant! (I'll get to that in a minute) We also went to Farmington Station and hit up Zupas one more time (my favorite!) with a bunch of my family. We went to Wellsville/Logan and I showed the girls my alma mater aka their future college, Utah State. We also went to Gossners for some squeaky cheese and rootbeer milk. The girls thought it was gross, ha ha! :) We visited Grandma Darley's grave and put a butterfly balloon by it that the girls picked out. We also drove by our old house across the street from Joann. Oh such fun memories of when were young and kidless! My mom and I went yard-saling of course, one of our favorite pastimes. We found some good stuff!  The girls enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa's trampoline and dress ups. We also met up with the Morbys at a splash pad and found out Callie was prego too!

 These two had so much fun together! I wish we lived closer! Hopefully someday.
 Playing at Cherry Hill

So back to me finding out I was pregnant! Ha! The first sign I had that I could possibly be pregnant was on our drive to drop Trey off in St. George to catch a shuttle to Las Vegas to fly back to CLE. On the way back I felt hungry. But not just normal hungry, it was like I need to get food in me like NOW or I'm going to be sick. I told my dad, "Um, don't tell anyone but I think I might be pregnant." He smiled and said "Really?! Why do you say that?" I said "because I need to eat something NOW or I might throw up." So we both kept it a secret for the rest of the trip. I was proud he didn't tell my mom. I kept it a secret from Trey because I wanted to surprise him if it was in fact true. So I waited until it had been the right amount of days after my last missed period and popped into the dollar store for some prego sticks, it was actually in Logan I think. I took 2 tests just to make sure but sure enough, two pink lines appeared!! Yay!! It was so exciting! I sent Trey a pic of the sticks in a text. He was pretty surprised and excited. So then I brought one of the sticks up to my mom and said, "Mom I have something I want to show you," and she was busy doing something and said okay hold on. I showed her the pee stick and she flipped! She has pretty good reactions so it's always fun passing on good news to her. :) I decided to tell the rest of my fam since we were there, even though I wasn't even 5 weeks along yet. It was fun to be able to tell them in person. The day after is when we met up with Robin for lunch to tell her in person too. I had Lucy tell her, "Momma has a baby in her belly!" I'm glad we got to be in Utah for the excitement.

Luckily we made it home before the sickness started kicking in. Life was good for about a week and then the sickness happened. And I got a nasty cold on top of it, which would send me into fits of coughing which would then trigger the barfing reflex. It was just bad all around. The last half of the summer was basically that. I was in survival mode at that point. Luckily I have an awesome husband who helped me out a ton with cooking dinner, as evenings were the worst part for me. I survived on frozen berries and yogurt, bread, and whatever sounded good at the moment, which wasn't much.

And this is when I got a new phone and I stopped taking pictures on my normal camera. Those iphones just make it so gosh darn easy to snap a quick photo and post it.

We had another fun trip just a few weeks after we got back from Utah. Unfortunately, I was in the thick of my sicknesses but I still managed to do a lot. It was really fun to watch the kids with their cousins. I may have felt like crap but it made me so happy to see my girls having so much fun. We went to Cory and Lauree's for a few days and met up with Trey's parents and 2 of the Arizona cousins, Logan and Morgan. They were so fun and so cute with Ruby and Lucy. Lucy really took to Morgan and Ruby to Wren and Dylan. The kids loved exploring in their backyard and caught all sorts of fun creatures, even a little tiny toad. Trey played on Lauree's v-ball team one night and we went to Purity for some of the best ice cream ever. It was a true shame that I couldn't taste it. Then we went to NYC for a day trip and had a blast at the museum of natural history, the Shake Shack (also a shame I couldn't taste it and felt like crap), road the subway, explored Rockafeller Square, Lego store, Nintendo store, Times Square, and Central Park. Then we went to our camping destination and met Matt and Kristy there. It was at the base of Keuka Lake, one of the finger lakes. It was this cute little campground with a little lake and little cabins for everyone to sleep in. It was perfect! It was kind of nice to be camping because then I could just go throw up in the bushes if I needed to, which unfortunately happened a lot. :( We had such a great time with the Banburys though. We hit up Keuka lake one day and played on the beach and swam. It was so fun and exhausting(for me). It really was so fun to be with everyone. I wish we all lived closer so we could see more of each other.
 

 



















The rest of the summer we didn't do too much. We hung around home a lot and played in the backyard, we went swimming a few times.

Trey and I went on a rare date to an Indians Game where we saw the most glorious fireworks show I've ever seen!

The girls played fashion show a lot and played with their neighbor friends. One night me and Ruby even went on a little date when Lucy went with Trey on a daddy-daughter campout.
 And here are a bunch of random photos from the summer for your enjoyment...:)



 Bugs, bugs, bugs! Both girls are still obsessed with bug catching.


 Horseshoe Park

 Lucy giving Ruby a makeover, complete with chalk makeup
 Awww!<3
 
 
 Playing with Caleb

 A little butterfly attached itself to Ruby and wouldn't let go while we were on our walk. It walked all the way home with us. It was too cute. Ruby was so tickled.
 These girls and big bear. Lucy still sleeps with him every night. :) 

 Ruby is really into "organizing" things these days.

 
 
 
I found out my neighbor Julie, who lives across the street, was pregnant too! She's 4 weeks ahead of me. I'm so happy for her, she had a miscarriage the previous summer and I thought they were done. It's been fun talking pregnant lady stuff with her.

We also experienced our first air show, complete with Blue Angels and all. Ruby hated how loud it was.
And just like that, summer ended. Lucy started Gymnastics. She decided she wanted to try something different than dance this year, even though she liked it. After she went to her first gymnastics lesson, she said, "I liked dancing, but I love love LOOOOVE gymnastics!" Ha ha, it does look pretty fun out there.

Lucy also started Kindergarten. Full-day Kindergarten! It was a little hard for me to send her away at first because it was so darn long and Ruby sure did miss having big sissy around to play with and entertain her (I did too!).
 


The first day of school she cried when I gave her a hug goodbye, it was so sad. It made me tear up too. She has a hard time with transitions and this was all very new and a lot to take in for her. It took Lucy awhile to get used to it too but after about the first month is when she really started to warm up, make friends, and participate in class. I was so so grateful that she made a friend on her 2nd day of school. Her and Virginia are best buddies now, they are so cute. And they totally get in little fights too but then work it out and forgive each other and go back to being BFFs. I remember doing that with my little friends too when I was her age. Too funny! And her teacher and teacher's aid are just the best! She really does have a great little class. I chaperoned their first field trip to the zoo and had a blast getting to know all the kids. (That cute little redhead girl is Virginia.:))
Lucy is definitely a minority in her school. It's been a good experience so far to get to know kids from different backgrounds. We enjoyed that with living at UME in Hershey too. We made friends with people from all over the globe. :) Definitely something we wouldn't have experienced if we never left Utah.

Okay I'm going to stop there for now. I'll continue my catch up next Sunday and maybe get all caught up by then. That's a fun thought. ;)


1 comment:

Lauren said...

We check in every now and then! Congratulations!