Sunday, December 7, 2014

And then there was that one time...

...we bought a van!

Back in my youthful 20s I thought this day would never come. Now that I'm 30 (almost 31 ha!) and much wiser(ha!) and could care less of what other people think, I am all about it!

We hadn't planned on buying one until January or February, just before baby boy is due to come, because we didn't really NEED one until then. Yeah, there is no way we could fit 3 car seats across in our Subaru. Not happening folks. Anyway, back to the story. Trey's '96 Honda "Hollywood" (he so lovingly named her) decided to blow a huge hole in the muffler on his way home from work one day. It sounded AWFUL. We said if the next thing that goes wrong with her will cost us more than $100 to fix, we weren't even going to bother. Not worth it. Sure enough the gaping hole was placed in a spot that Trey just couldn't patch so he put her on Craigslist a few days later, sold her that day for $420, and we bid her farewell. She was a good little commuter, too bad she couldn't have lasted us just a few more months.

Then we were in need of a new set of wheels ASAP. I had no intention of driving Trey to work everyday at 6am. We had been researching and looking at local dealerships via the interwebs for months since we knew we would be in the market soon enough. We thought we would check out a Honda Odyssey since it sounded like it was the most reliable and easy to sell later if we wanted to. We went to a Honda dealer just going to test drive and check out a few, and we left with a black 2012 Honda Odyssey!
It all happened so fast but I guess it was just meant to be. We have not regretted our decision once. We love the space! Trey loves that he can haul wood and big stuff from Home Depot in there. I love the automatic doors. The girls love it too. :)

No comments: