Aunt Bethany: "Is your house on fire, Clark?"
Clark: "No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights."
Best Christmas movie. Ever.
The weekend after Trey finished his test, we decided to take a trip down to Baltimore to visit our friends the Niehoffs. They took us to see 34th Street aka "Christmas Street" in Hampden. It's basically a row of houses who go buck wild with their Christmas lights. But it's not just lights, these people mean business. I'm talking crazy stuff like...
A Christmas tree made of hubcaps
A weird one-eyed dude that has something to do with Baltimore. I thought he looked like the guy on the Pringles package. Yes, my mind usually does associate things with food.
A big blow up dog and a lady selling homemade goods. The place was packed! Quite a popular attraction for the local yocals.
Those strange Banburys posing by a lawn flamingo.
And my personal favorite, a robot Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus.
And don't forget the angel and the Christmas star.
A few of the houses weren't lit up so it wasn't in full force but it was still rockin'. I did a little online research and I found out that this has been going on for 62 years! How cool is that?! Those Baltimore peeps sure know how to show some Christmas cheer. I definitely think a trip to 34th Street will be a Banbury Christmas tradition while we are in PA.~Meesh
1 comment:
Wow, how fun!! I guess I missed the part in the scriptures where Mary, Joseph, and Jesus were all robots... Haha, people are weird!
Post a Comment